The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Script Window won't open
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Joel1

USA
Posted - 07/11/2006 :  5:11:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 6.1052 (B232)
Operating System: Windows XP

Hello,
Today I've been trying to do some Labtalk work, but my script window has not been able to open. It worked before today, but now it doesn't. I've tried clicking the toolbar, the pull down menu, and the shortcut key, so I'm wondering if a bug is causing it. Has anyone seen anything like this before? Any ideas on how to find the source of this problem?
Thanks,
Joel

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  6:03:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Joel,

I've never seen this happen but perhaps you've shoved it off of Origin's desktop somehow. You can reset it's size/position to installation defaults like this...

1. Close Origin and open Origin.ini in Notepad.
2. Locate the [WinPos] section and delete or comment out (add a semicolon at beginning) the line starting with ScriptWindow=.
3. Save and close Origin.ini and start Origin.
4. Open script window as usual. Should appear with same size/position it had when you installed Origin.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

Joel1

USA
Posted - 07/12/2006 :  12:02:01 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't think this is the problem, because I tried commenting the script window section and nothing changed. Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Joel
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2006 :  1:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Joel,

As Origin 6.1 was released before Windows XP, they are not a supported combination. This might be an operating system-related problem with that old version....

As an experiment, what happens if you do the following procedure?:

1) Click the Text tool("T"), and click in a worksheet to show the Text Control dialog box.
2) Enter, say, "Hello", and click OK.
3) ALT+Double-Clicking the text label to show the Label Control dialog.
4) Enter "type -a Hello;" in the text box, and choose "Button Up" for Script, Run After. Click OK. The label will be changed to a button.
5) Click the button.

The above "type -a" forces Origin to show the Script window. Did it do so? If it didn't, maybe now may be the time to consider uninstall-and-reinstall your Origin....

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 07/12/2006 1:32:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Joel1

USA
Posted - 07/12/2006 :  1:46:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Clicking this button does not make the script window appear either. As the problem seems to be some sort of glitch, perhaps I will take your advice and reinstall Origin. Thank you for your time.
Joel
Go to Top of Page

Eagleba91

14 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  09:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had a similar problem. I closed and re-opened the program and then clicked the Window tab on the toolbar and selected "script window." worked for me, best of luck.
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  10:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, Eagleba91 for telling us your experience.

For people who still have a similar problem, the following steps may also work:

1) Choose "View: Toolbars" menu. ("Toolbars" tab is opened in the dialog.)
2) Press "Reinitialize" button. Close the Custom Toolbars dialog.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000