The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 convolution problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

joelk

Israel
Posted - 08/31/2006 :  02:20:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
i would like to convulate 2 array of data of probability histogram but the software i see limit me to only symetrical response function or array ,
how can i solve that issue or make manipulation to overcome it ,
is it posible to make my responese function symetrical buy the software , my data is not farfrom normal distribution.

thanks

joelk

Israel
Posted - 08/31/2006 :  04:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
yes ,please do so , send me the Origin C program to perform the general convolution,
i apricialte that, morover let me know how to paste it in my builder and run it for taking any array (even 3 if posible ).

sincerely JOEL
Go to Top of Page

Deanna

China
Posted - 08/31/2006 :  04:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

i would like to convulate 2 array of data of probability histogram but the software i see limit me to only symetrical response function or array ,
how can i solve that issue or make manipulation to overcome it ,
is it posible to make my responese function symetrical buy the software , my data is not farfrom normal distribution.

thanks

As pointed out in our help file, the response data set is viewed as a representative sample of a symmetric function. If the response cannot meet this requirement, the convolution result will not be necessarily correct.

I suggest that you think twice before manipulating the response function, because the manipulation cannot guarantee a correct convolution. And I am sorry that Origin does not support this kind of auto manipulation of the response function.

Probably, we can try to write an Origin C program to perform the convolution, because we can call NAG functions in OC programs. And the convolution function provided by NAG, nag convolution real (c06ekc), should be free from the limitation of symmetry.

If you need any further help, please send your data to tech@originlab.com.

Deanna
OriginLab GZ Office
Go to Top of Page

Deanna

China
Posted - 08/31/2006 :  04:56:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

yes ,please do so , send me the Origin C program to perform the general convolution,
i apricialte that, morover let me know how to paste it in my builder and run it for taking any array (even 3 if posible ).

sincerely JOEL

Hi Joel.

There is a sample in your Origin program folder. Maybe you can try it first. From the Origin menu, select File: Open Samples..., navigate to Programming folder, can open NAG FFT Convolution.OPJ.

Please try pasting you data into data1, and click the button convolute on the graph.

If this cannot fully solve your problem, please send your data to us via email: tech@originlab.com. Otherwise, it is very difficult for us to write a program for you.

Deanna
OriginLab GZ Office
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000