The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Differentiating column
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Origin_rookie

Germany
Posted - 12/14/2006 :  08:48:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Dear Users,
I have a problem with differentiating a column. I have two columns X and Y filled with data. Now I create a third column and the first derivative of the second column should be in the third column. Hope it is clear? If I change values in the second column, I want to see the changes in the third column immeadiatly.
Is there a solution for this problem.

Thanks in advance for an answer

KTM

p.s. I use OriginPro 7.5
Edited by - Origin_rookie on 12/14/2006 08:52:06 AM

Edited by - Origin_rookie on 12/14/2006 08:53:05 AM

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  11:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Assuming the worksheet is Data2 with columns A(X), B(Y), C(Y)... select Tools > Worksheet Script, set up the resulting dialog as shown below and click the Do It button.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

Origin_rookie

Germany
Posted - 12/14/2006 :  11:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for the answer.this works,but if I change any values in the second column the changes will not affect anything in the third column automatically. I have to run the worksheet script again. How can I change this,that it will work automatically?
Thanks for an answer
KTM
Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2006 :  1:47:19 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You must be changing the cell values manually by entering new values and such changes do not trigger the Worksheet script. However, pasting a new value into a cell will trigger the script. Script or menu changes (eg, Column > Set Column Values) will also trigger the script. If you are changing values by hand you'll need an intermediate column...

1. Create a fourth column, D(Y), select that column and select Column > Set Column Values. Set up the resulting dialog like this. (Make sure the AutoUpdate option is checked.)

2. Modify your worksheet script like this...

The derivatives in col(C) will now change with any changes to col(B).

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000