The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Calculating area under curve?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

titties

Anguilla
Posted - 04/26/2007 :  07:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5
Operating System: XP

Hi,

I am trying calculate the area under the below graph in the area from approx. 16 micrometer + 40 microns.

I know that of course involves some integration, but how do i perform that in Origin?

Thx for any help.

Regards

Edited by - titties on 04/26/2007 07:42:16 AM

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  10:53:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
> From the menu use Analysis > Calculus > Integrate. Results are printed to Results log.

> From the script window enter the command integrate %C.

In either case you can find the area by entering integ.area= in the script window.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

titties

Anguilla
Posted - 04/26/2007 :  12:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thx, but that yields the area under the entire graph. I am only interested in the limit from 16 to 40 mu.

How di I specify the limits?

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2007 :  12:57:13 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Use the Data Selector tool (sixth button on the Tools toolbar.)

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

chem2002

1 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  10:13:22 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In origin 8 Analysis-spectroscopy-integrate multiple peaks..gives the area under the curve of a individual curve.
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  11:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Since Origin 8.1, a much handier and interactive Integrate gadget is available. This may be suitable to get the area like for the above original sample.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000