The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with printing worksheets on a layout
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Mathias

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  04:47:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version: 7.5 SR6
Operating System: WinXP SP2

When I place a worksheet or a part of it on a layout and print the layout, the printout differs from the layout window (in print view) and from the print preview as well.

Example: a worksheet with 14 columns (system font, column width 7) ist to be printed on A4 landscape. In the layout window, the worksheet covers about 80% of the page width. In the print preview, there are only 13 columns on the page (fitting the whole page width). On the printed paper only 12 columns. When I left-click the print preview to enlarge it, it shows 14 columns, click to enlarge again gives 12 columns on the page. This sounds like a joke, but it is real!

Changing the worksheet font to Arial does not really solve the problem. I can, of course, choose a smaller font size and change the column width to make the worksheet fit a sheet of paper - but only by try-and-error. The size of the worksheet in the layout window and the print preview is always much smaller than on the printout.

Is this a general error in Origin? It seems to depend on the printer, too. I tried 3 printers:
HP Laser Jet 5 Si Mopier postscript ==> 12 of 14 columns
HP Laser Jet 5 Si Mopier PCL5 ==> 12 of 14 columns
FreePDF XP (Apple Color LW 12/660 PS) ==> 13 of 14 columns

The HP printer produces the same results on an old Windows NT system.

By the way: When a worksheet is placed on a layout, "Keep Aspect Ratio" should be off by default. For graphs, "Keep Aspect Ratio" should be on. Is there any way to save this behaviour as origin default?

Mathias

larry_lan

China
Posted - 06/27/2007 :  02:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It looks like a bug. We will not have such problem in the next version.

Thanks

Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000