The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 curve fitting with duoble integral
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

modelocking

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  10:30:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi guys!
I need o fit thermoluminescence data with the ensuing eq:

I wrote this code (with dsX=T', dsY=E ) but it didn't compile. Someone can help me?
Thanks a lot

static double Bstore, Cstore, Astore, Gstore, y0store, Sstore, Dstore;
//static property retains the parameter values over iterations
BOOL bErr;
Dataset dsX("Data1_Q");
Dataset dsE("Data1_E");
Dataset dsInteg("Data1_F");
Dataset dsY("Data1_R");
Dataset dsM("Data1_P");
Dataset dsInteg2("Data1_T");
if(B!=Bstore || C!=Cstore || A!=Astore || G!=Gstore || y0!=y0store || S!=Sstore || D!=Dstore ) { //parameter checking
dsE = exp(-dsY/(8.5e-5*dsX)); //vector notation
Curve W( "Data1_Q", "Data1_E" );
IntegrationResult ir;
bErr = Curve_integrate(&W, &ir, NULL, &dsInteg, TRUE );
// Perform integration
dsM = B/(2.5*C)*S*exp(-((dsY-G)^2)/(2*C^2))*exp(-dsY/(8.5e-5*dsX))*exp(-S/0,2*dsInteg); //vector notation
Curve Z( "Data1_Q", "Data1_T" );
IntegrationResult ir;
bErr = Curve_integrate(&Z, &ir, NULL, &dsInteg2, TRUE );
// Perform integration
Bstore=B; Cstore=C; Astore=A; Gstore=G; y0store=y0; Sstore=S; Dstore=D
}
y = y0+D*Data_table(x, &dsInteg2, &dsX, &dsY);

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  11:50:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
What is the error message and which line in the code you showed us does the error point to?

...Also, what your dependent variable(s), independent variable(s) and parameters?

...Even without knowing the answers to those questions I found two mistakes.

1. You use IntegrationResult ir twice.

2. The final equation for y is clearly wrong because Data_table() takes only three arguments.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

Edited by - Mike Buess on 06/22/2007 11:52:25 AM

Edited by - Mike Buess on 06/22/2007 12:10:11 PM

Edited by - Mike Buess on 06/22/2007 12:11:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

modelocking

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  12:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The error message is " funtion call and declaration mismatch", but it does not point at any line of my code (I use Origin 7.0).
x is the independent variable and y is the dependent one.
If I can't use IntegrationResult ir twice how can I calculate the double integral?

Edited by - modelocking on 06/22/2007 12:14:02 PM

Edited by - modelocking on 06/22/2007 12:15:33 PM

Edited by - modelocking on 06/22/2007 12:16:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  12:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
The error message is " funtion call and declaration mismatch", but it does not point at any line of my code (I use Origin 7.0).
Double-click on the error message and it will take you directly to the offending line. I suspect that is the final equation for y in which you misused the Data_table() function.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

modelocking

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  12:20:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mike! Thanks for Your help.
I delete the last argument in the data table...but this is the error message:

Error, function call and declaration mismatch
Error, general compile error
Error, error(s) found in compiling function _nlsfFittingFunction
Error, function call and declaration mismatch
Error, error(s) found in compiling function _nlsfFittingFunction

Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  12:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Double click on the first error message and see which line the cursor moves to.
quote:
If I can't use IntegrationResult ir twice how can I calculate the double integral?
IntegrationResult ir just holds certain parameters such as the total area. You don't use those parameters and only use the integration curve. Therefore you can reuse the first ir. Just comment out the second IntegrationResult ir. It is odd that this wasn't flagged by your compiler. That's the first error that popped up when I tried your function in O70 and O75.

...The last factor in the equation for dsM always draws my attention. In your initial code you write that factor as exp(-S/0,2*dsInteg) which doesn't make sense unless you are using the European decimal notation with comma as separator. The only way I can get your function to compile is to change the comma to dot. However, all other numbers in your code already use dot as decimal separator. Is this just a misprint? Is the misprint there in your actual code?

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member]

Edited by - Mike Buess on 06/22/2007 12:47:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

modelocking

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  12:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
MIKE YOU ARE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I changed coma with dot and deleted he 2nd Intregrateresult ir, and now it compiles succesfully!!!!
The problem now is that the function doesn't generate values....
Thank your very much

Edited by - modelocking on 06/22/2007 12:57:50 PM

Edited by - modelocking on 06/22/2007 1:21:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  1:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Err, I hope you realize that both integrals range over the X values of dsX or Data1_Q. In particular, the outer integral does not extend to infinity as shown in your equation.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000