The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 MatLab console: problem importing doubles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

EastWestTrav

Azerbaijan
Posted - 07/09/2007 :  06:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version: 7.5G SR6
Operating System: WinXP

I tried to import some data to a worksheet from Matlab 2007a using Matlab console and the import button. All gone fine as long as I imported integers. If I convert the same data to double the "Import as Worksheet" button gets grey and I can not import the data to a worksheet. Any ideas?

By the way: I suppose there is no way to browse through structs from within Origin?

Deanna

China
Posted - 07/09/2007 :  10:39:39 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mark,

Origin 75 was released far earlier than Matlab 2007a. So it might not support Matlab 2007 very well. I am very sorry for this.

To import double arrrays from Matlab 2007, you can use commands. For example, if there is a Matlab double array called dd. you can type the following in the Matlab Console of Origin 75 to import it:
gr dd

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

EastWestTrav

Azerbaijan
Posted - 07/10/2007 :  03:47:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The funny thing is that gr works for doubles but not for integers. gr imports data to matrix with some strange x and y values.

For me this incompatibility is a real disadvantage since I do the most data processing in Matlab. Origin gets useless without an easy to use connection to Matlab. I hope it get's better in version 8 or origin release a patch for ver. 7.5.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000