The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 NLCF-how to specify min &max of a param & stepsize
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

fermiona

USA
Posted - 08/25/2007 :  5:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.5
Operating System: XP

This is my first time to use Origin. I am trying to do a NLCF with 5 parameters. I have a range for each parameter and a step increment that I want the fitting program to use. I have no idea how to specify these in origin. To be more specific about my problem, lets say I have the function:

f(x)=x/p1+p2+p3+p4+p5

p1 should run from 0.1 to 0.9 and I want the step size to be 0.1
p2 should run from 0.1 to 0.2 and I want the step size to be 0.01

etc

Thanks in advance

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2007 :  10:19:23 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
1> Your function has too many parameters. There are many (perhaps an infinite number) combinations of p2,p3,p4,p5 that will satisfy it. You must reduce the function to y = x/p1 + p2.

2> You can set the upper and lower bounds on the Parameter Constraints page (Options> Constraints) as shown below.

3> I don't think you can restrict the step size. The obvious 'linear' constraints rmod(p1,0.1)=0 and int(10*p1)=10*p1 do not work, perhaps because they are not really linear.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

fermiona

USA
Posted - 08/26/2007 :  12:57:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you. Unfortunately I cannot reduce the number of params (the actualy function is not like the one I posted.. it's very long and complicated). I figured how to specify the limits, but I've been strggling with finding a way to control the step size. Thanks for letting me know about the sw limitation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000