The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin 7.5 - Add/remove plots option
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

srira

India
Posted - 08/30/2007 :  10:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:Windows XP
Hi
I have simple question. I use both origin 6.1 & 7.5. I could not find the add/remove plots option to add/remove multiple graphs in a project.I can use this option just by clicking the gray box on any graphs.I donot see this option in 7.5 version.And 'help' doesnot give any better solution.Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

larry_lan

China
Posted - 08/30/2007 :  10:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Srira:

When you double-click the Layer Icon in 6.1 (the gray box you mentioned), it will bring up the Layer Contents dialog. In 7.5, you can right-click the Layer Icon and select Layer Contents... to open it.

Double-click layer icon in 7.5 will bring up the Plot Detail dialog. This dialog can also add/remove dataset. These links can help to know about Plot Detail dialog.

http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=8&lm=213&pid=509

http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/origin/The_Plot_Setup_Dialog_Box.htm

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services

Edited by - larry_lan on 08/30/2007 11:21:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

srira

India
Posted - 09/06/2007 :  2:37:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi

Thanks!

Recently we bought a Horiba fluorimeter which uses Origin 7.5 as the working/data analysis software.Each spectrum we record remain as a separate graph. There is no automatic option of overlaying the spectra.Instead one need to use the 'add' graphs option though its a hectic job for cases with many spectral profiles in a single project. How do I add graphs without using their respective datasheets?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 09/06/2007 :  9:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Srira:

I am not sure how your data organized in the project, now I suppose there are several worksheets, every worksheet represents a curve and contains two columns, column A, B, you can run this script to plot all curve on a graph window:

win -t plot origin;
%p = %h;
doc -e w
{
%a = %h;
win -a %p;
layer -i %a_b;
}
layer -a;

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000