The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 parameters not properly initialized?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

alsey

UK
Posted - 08/31/2007 :  06:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.0300
Operating System: xp professional

trying to do a simple exponential growth fit, but every time i try i get the message "Error! Parameter(s) y0, A1, t1 is(are) not properly initialized. Check their values."

i'd be very grateful if someone can tell me what this means and how i can properly initialize the parameter(s).

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2007 :  1:54:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The fitter needs parameter values to start with. Your fitting session probably looks the one below where all parameters have missing values. (They are uninitialized.) Just enter reasonable guesses and try again.

Built-in functions have scripts that automatically initialize the parameters but it sounds like you have somehow disabled them. To re-enable the scripts click the More button, select Scripts> Parameter Initialization on the fitter's menu bar and check the Enable Automatic Parameter Initialization option as show below.

http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/origin/The_Parameter_Initialization_Dialog_Box.htm

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

alsey

UK
Posted - 09/04/2007 :  08:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
yeah, that sorted it. thanks.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000