The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Color problem with EPS file exported from Origin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

USA
Posted - 10/08/2007 :  11:52:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version 7.5 SR4
Operating System: Windows XP

After I open a EPS file exported from Origin,
(1)Some Greek letters are missing
(2)Sometimes the color of some English letter is not the same as in Origin. Consequently, the color of a word is not uniform. For example, of the word "Time", "T" and "m" are blue, but "i" is red.

Fay_Guo

China
Posted - 10/09/2007 :  06:04:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
I'm very sorry for can't reproduce your problem. Could you send us your EPS file?

Thanks
Fay
OriginLab Technical Service
Go to Top of Page

USA
Posted - 10/11/2007 :  8:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
Thank you for your response. I've send related files to webmaster@originlab.com.
If that email address is not correct, please tell me the correct one.
Best regards,
Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 10/11/2007 :  9:13:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Please sent your file and SN to tech@originlab.com

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services

Edited by - larry_lan on 10/11/2007 9:14:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  10:29:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
'Looking' at an EPS file is far more complicated than you may think. The EPS file contains drawing instructions that must be interpreted by PostScript (PS) software to render the final image. Historically, this software resided in the PS printer driver or in the printer firmware. If you looked at an EPS file inserted into an application that did not have the PS rendering software, you would only see a placeholder and not the image. The image would only appear in the printout.

EPS files can include an option to applications that would like to see an image rather than a placeholder, but do not have the PS software to actually render the image. This Preview option is available in the Origin EPS export and what it does is to add a picture (in TIFF or EMF format) that most applications can display.

So when you insert an EPS file into an application and you 'see' the image, what are you seeing?
IF the application does not have PS software, all you are seeing is the Preview image (or some placeholder if the EPS has no Preview).
IF the application does show you a PS rendering, the question becomes is this rendering identical to what a PS printer would render?

Your EPS file does have a Preview image and the Preview matches the actual printer output. So all the problems you are reporting are actually problems with Word. Older versions of Word did not have the ability to render PS and displayed only Previews if available. Newer versions of Word try to render the image using the actual PS instructions, but as can be demonstrated by your file that may not be an acurate rendering. In Word, your EPS displays a bad rendering of the actual PS. The Preview TIFF image included in the file is correct and the actual printout of the Word document is correct. Unfortunately, Word doesn't display the image correctly.

Go to Top of Page

USA
Posted - 10/12/2007 :  9:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your reply.
Would you pleaes tell me what software(s) can best display a EPS file?
It seems that other softwares than WORD have similar problems with EPS files. I submitted EPS files to peer-reviewed journals, where my EPS files were incorporated and converted into a file in PDF or other formats. The resulting files can not display the EPS files correctly, either.

Best Regards,
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2007 :  1:46:09 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can use applications such as Adobe Illustrator if that is available to you. Or you can try Ghost View:
http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/

Basically, as Greg remarked, you should view it with an application that can properly interpert and render the postcript file, or print to a post-script capable printer and check the printed output.

Easwar
OriginLab

Go to Top of Page

Stefansjoglimt

Malta
2 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  08:56:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
One software that can be used for opening EPS files is Scribus. The benefit with that is that it runs on Windows, Linux and Mac.
Otherwise you have to use Adobe's products, that are good as well.

Stefan Sjoglimt is CMO at Buissy.com Ltd (http://www.buissy.com), The B2B Market Place for Business Software that includes business software for numerous of categories and offers the possibility for purchasers to find software and also compare software that suits their company the best.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000