The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 parameter initialization
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

gansy

UK
Posted - 11/09/2007 :  11:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): 8
Operating System: vista

I have recently switched to Origin 8, and am finding some processes more cumbersome than before. For instance, it used to be when I ctrl+y, I could open the NLF dialogue box, which was then automatically set to the function I used last time. The parameter values from the last fit were also still there. This meant that after choosing the function and inputting parameter values for the first curve, I could simply ctrl+y, and fit for each successive curve. In version 8, when I ctrl+y, it always brings up a blank dialogue box where I have to choose the function again, and then type in all the initial parameter values again. Is there any way to get it to stay like it did in 7.5?

Alternatively, initial parameter values for all the parameters in this function can just be 1, that has always worked fine for me. Is it possible to make it so that the initial parameter values are always 1 for this function?

larry_lan

China
Posted - 11/12/2007 :  12:02:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Samantha:

From Origin 8, we introduced the analysis theme. You can always select the <Last Used> theme to bring up your last used settings.

However, the theme cannot remmenber your initial values which set in the NLFit dialog last time, since the analysis data is different from time to time and the initial value maybe improper. Besides, you can also bring up the <Last Used> theme from the Most Recent Used menu. Ctrl + Y should be <Last Used> either, it looks like a bug and we will fix it.

If you want to set all the parameter initial values as 1, you can set these value in Parameter Settings when defining a new function. Please open the Function Organizer (Press F9) to modify the function.

Hope it helps

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services

Edited by - larry_lan on 11/12/2007 12:11:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

gansy

UK
Posted - 11/12/2007 :  05:04:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Larry,

This is excellent, thank you for your help!

Samantha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000