The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to Curve fit with Varshni's equation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

looker22

Burkina Faso
Posted - 01/27/2008 :  01:11:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 8 SR1
Operating System:Windows Vista

Hi there, I'm new to this wonderful program and i've been reading the help files and going through the videos however i still can't figure out how do i curve fit my data with Varshni's equation:

Eg(T)=Eg (0) T2/(T+)

Can anyone assist me with this pls. Thank you

Deanna

China
Posted - 01/27/2008 :  8:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi looker22,

Would you please tell us which are the parameters? and ? And what is Eg (0)?

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

looker22

Burkina Faso
Posted - 01/31/2008 :  04:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi sorry for the late reply Deanna. its supposed to be

Varshni equation:
Eg(T)=Eg(0) AT^2/(T+B)

A=alpha
B=Beta

A and B are my x n y values from my data, i think.

The radiative recombination coefficient is calculated from the absorption coefficient for band-to-band transitions, which we determine at different temperatures from photoluminescence spectra measured on planar high resistivity float zone silicon wafers.

Its to determine the temperature dependence of semiconductor band gaps.

http://homepage2.nifty.com/bussei_katsuaki/ApplPhysLett_58_2924.pdf

Edited by - looker22 on 01/31/2008 04:35:35 AM

Edited by - looker22 on 01/31/2008 04:41:00 AM

Edited by - looker22 on 01/31/2008 04:41:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 02/01/2008 :  01:47:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi:

You can use Origin's Curve Fitting tool to fit function like:

y = f( x; a, b, ...... )

where x is independent variable, y is dependent variable, and a, b, etc are fitting parameters.

I have no time to read through the paper, but I think this Varshni may be used to find out the relationship between temperature, T, and the energy, right? If so, your dependent variable should be Eg(T), independent variable should be T, Eg(0) is a constant, and A, B are fitting parameters. So you can define a function as follow:

In the Function edit box, the definition is:

double E0 = 1; // Define the constant;
ET = E0 - A*Tmp^2/(Tmp+B);

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

Kevinalvin

Malaysia
3 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2013 :  10:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,can somene help me how to fit data to varshni equation (i'm originpro 8 user)

E(T)=E(0)-AT^2/(T+B)
E(T)is dependence variable
T is independence variable
A and B is fitting parameter (constant)

Thank you very much in advance

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2013 :  11:41:20 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Kevin,

Could you look at the screen shot in Larry_lan's post and try to create user-defined fitting function like that.

Did you met problems when fitting with the created fitting function?

BTW, in Fitting Function Organizer, please also set Parameter initial values such as the following will set initial A value to be 2, B to be 3.
InitialValues = 2,3(V)

If you don't set initial value, then in NLFit dialog, you need to go to Parameters tab and set initial values before click fit button.

Thanks, Snow
Go to Top of Page

Kevinalvin

Malaysia
3 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2013 :  9:59:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Snowli,,

Thank you very much..it is very helpful..
thanks again..

Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000