The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 how to draw this graph
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tjhmily

China
Posted - 01/27/2008 :  11:00:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version :7.5
Operating System:Windows xp
As can be seen in the gragh1(gragh 1is attached),the X axis is the time ,above the X axis is the loading that applied,below the X axis is the settlement that corresponding to the loading.and the value of settlement is very small( 0.5mm),but the value of loading is much greater than the value of the settlement.So how can i plot the graph as the picture shows?
I do the following step:
1. Plot two independent graphs. One uses the time as X and the loading as Y, called graph1 for example. The other uses time as X and the settlement as Y, called grapg2. Maybe they are two normal line graph.
2. Move its X axis to the top of this graph. Active graph2, double-click on the X axis of graph2. From the Scale Tab, find the scale of Y (Attention please, Vertical is selected in the Selection). For example, it is from -0.1 to 0.95. Go to the Tile&Format Tab, select Bottom in the Selection, and select At Position = in the drop-down list menu of Axis Position. Type 0.95 (it is determined by your own data) in the Percent/Value text box.Click OK.
3. Merge the two graphs. From the menu, select Graph: Merge Graph Windows, set the Vertical Grap as 0 and click OK.
and I still can not get what I want.after having done the above steps, I get the graph 2(attached)
How can i get what i want at the basis of graph 2 ?

Edited by - tjhmily on 01/28/2008 06:35:08 AM

Deanna

China
Posted - 01/28/2008 :  12:19:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi tjhmily.

Sorry I cannot see any graphs. Would you please post them again?

Are you trying to create a graph as follows:

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

tjhmily

China
Posted - 01/28/2008 :  08:15:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
yes,definitely is the graph .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000