The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin embedded Objects in Powerpoint 2007/Vista
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

MWWMI

Germany
Posted - 01/30/2008 :  05:22:36 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Version (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin 7.5 SR6
Operating System: Windows Vista Enterprise

Hello,

I am running the Origin 7.5 Client application on Win Vista, with the Origin Server running on Windows 2003. Opening Origin objects that were embedded in Powerpoint 2007 fails with an automatically displayed log file:
"Origin 7.5
Origin installation is not finished. Please check that you have run Origin at least once in a normal way."

It works fine when using XP instead of Vista. With XP, I used to open Origin, select a Graph I wanted to display in Powerpoint, copy its contents to the clipboard and paste it into Powerpoint. This enabled me to double-click that object in Powerpoint and edit it in Origin. Copying from Origin to Powerpoint works with Vista, but opening the embedded object fails and displays the mentioned log file (and Powerpoint complains that the server application does not respond or produced an unknown error).

Checking the XP Compatibility Mode for Origin 7.5 did not solve the problem, and my coworkers that are using Vista and the Origin 7.5 Client/Server application encounter the same problem.

snowli

USA
1381 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2008 :  2:20:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

This message usually shows if Origin Server and Client haven't run once. so Origin server must be run once, and client too.

Could you check to make sure both your Origin Server and Client has run once and make sure they can run fine?

Then double clicking graph object in PPT?

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.

Edited by - snowli on 01/30/2008 2:35:16 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000