The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 assigning color code for values
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

balasubramanian

3 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2008 :  10:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Dearies,
My X values are numeric and continuous like 1,2,3,.....5000. For every X value, i have Y value which is a single character either O/G/A/B etc. Now i have to make a plot by giving a color code for each character in Y.

For example white for O,
green for G,
red for A etc.
Kindly write me how to do it in origin.

Thanks in advance,
Bala

Deanna

China
Posted - 08/03/2008 :  11:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Bala,

You can first set the Y column as categorical data and then create a scatter plot from it. To assigne different colors for different characters, you can use the Plot Details dialog.

For example, you have your X data in Column 1 and Y data (characters) in Column 2. In Column 3, we put numbers indicating colors. Here , 1 is for black, 2 is for red... We do the following to create a plot:
1. Highlight the second column. Right-click and select '''Set as Categorical''' from the short-cut menu to set this column as categorical data.
2. Create scatter plot by selecting Plot: Symbol: Scatter from the Origin menu.
3. Double-click on the plot to open the Plot Details dialog. Select the data plot of the left (expand the layer or page branch if necessary). On the right panel, make the Symbol tab active. Click the Symbol Color button, and then select Indexing: Col (c) to map the symbol colors to values in column C.

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000