The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 (non-linear curve) fit: application on a selection
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

nuriburi

7 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  05:29:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I would like to know if it is prossible to apply a non-linear curve fit (if not this than any other fit) on only the first part of the curve (created by my data). In other words, is it possible -and if yes, how- to limit the fit on a data range?

Thanks in advance,
Nur

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 08/06/2008 :  04:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Nuriburi,

Would you please tell us the version of your Origin when you contact us with questions?

In both Origin 8.0 and Origin 7.5, you can select the range of your data as you want.

Let's take the NLFit in Origin 8.0 as an example.
1. Bring up the NLfit dialog box from main menu.
2. Choose Date Selection from the Settings tab of right panel in the NLFit dialog box.
3. There are two methods shown in the following image to select the range of data.

The details can be seen from Help: Origin> Regression and Curve Fitting > Nonlinear Curve Fitting > The NLFit Dialog Box > Setting Tab.

Shirely Tian

Originlab Technical Service Team

Edited by - Shirley_GZ on 08/06/2008 04:33:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

nuriburi

7 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  04:42:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thank you!

(sorry, I knew I forgot something...-I use 7.5)
Go to Top of Page

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 08/06/2008 :  05:10:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
In Origin7.5, you can bring up the NLFit dialog box from Analysis: Non-Linear Curve Fit> Advanced Fitting Tool of Origin's main menu.
You can choose Dateset from Action of NLFit dialog, then choose the variable you want to set it's range.
After that, you can set the range as you want as below and click Assign button:

Shirley Tian

Originlab Technical Service Team

Edited by - Shirley_GZ on 08/06/2008 05:13:05 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000