The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Multiple curve smoothing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jimbo82g

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  06:55:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I have a graph with multiple spectra on it and wish to smooth all the curves in the graph. How do I do this without having to go through the curves one by one? I'm not overly keen on programming in C but will if it's the only way.

Thanks,

Jim

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 08/06/2008 :  05:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jim,

Origin cannot smooth multiple curves at one time From GUI.

You can copy the following script to command windows and execute it.

int n;
layer -c;
for (n=1;n<=count;n++)
{
smooth iy:=!$(n);
}

Please make sure that the graph window is active when you execute the script.

Shirley Tian

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

jimbo82g

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  08:11:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Shirley,

Thanks for the script. The script runs and creates new 'smoothed' plots but the plots are only smoothed fractionally. Is there a way to specify which smoothing method is to be used (i.e. Savitsky-Golay, FFT filter) and the point of window in the script?

Thanks,

Jim
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  11:50:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This wiki shows how to choose the method and modify the options:

http://wiki.originlab.com/index.php?title=LabTalk:Signal_Processing#Smoothing_Plotted_Datasets

For any of the new XFunctions, you can get help by typing:
name -h
or
help name
in the Command Window or Script Window.
As in
smooth -h

Edited by - greg on 08/06/2008 11:52:32 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000