The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 2 questions / bugs (?) in Origin8
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

SMCA

22 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  04:41:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi there,
I stumbled over two somewhat strange issues with OriginPro 8:
- If I stack grouped data in a plot by using the stack tab in the plot details dialog, nothing happens, neither by clicking apply nor ok. Only if I click redraw page, the changes in stacking parameters appear in the plot. This is somewhat inconvenient, when one wishes to adjust the stacking until a decent plot is obtained.
- Once when I used the nonlinear fit dialog I noticed that, when I display the fitted curve in the original graph, I could both modify the graph (for instance rescale it, hide plots, change color, use data picker tool etc.) and use the fit dialog at the same time, which was incredibly useful for me. Next time I opened the fit dialog, the (for me usual) behaviour occurred that while the fit dialog is open, access to the original graph is blocked. Now my question is: Was this behaviour coincidence, or is there a way to force access to the original graph with at the same time the fitting window open?
Thanks for any answers,
best,
Stefan

OriginPro 8SR2 B0891

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 08/13/2008 :  06:13:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your advices!

After tested the problems, we found that the first one is a bug which has been submitted to our tracker and will be fixed soon.

You can minimize the NLFit dialog when fitting window is open, then the original graph can be edited. But I wont advise you to do this.

Best regards,
Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000