The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 High error values associated to N
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

pimezon

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  1:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello I am totally new to ITC and am having lot of problems understanding and trying to get things done. So please help me out if you have time.

So my project involves titrating a peptide with two possible binding sites to metals. The titration curve, after subtracting background, looks pretty much like a two site binding model with different binding constants. But somehow the error associated to the N values are too high (0.97+-4.xxx and 0.93+-8.xxx).
On the other hand, if I try to fit the data for a one site binding model , the fitting seems to be fine though I intuitively feel it should be a two site case with significantly different binding constants.

your help and any more insight into the problem would be highly appreciated.

Have a nice day.

Deanna

China
Posted - 08/15/2008 :  01:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Mahesh,

Are you using the Microcal Instrumentation ITC? If so, please send your question to support@microcalorimetry.com.

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000