The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Language change
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

HolgerGoeckel

Germany
Posted - 08/21/2008 :  07:50:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I want to change language for all users. How can i do this?

Holger

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 08/22/2008 :  03:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If you are standlone user, you can change the language from GUI(Help: Change Language).

If you are concurrent user, please help your members to run "language -d" in the command window and select the language in the language dialog, then restart the computer.

Any problem, Please contact with us!

Shirley Tian

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

HolgerGoeckel

Germany
Posted - 08/22/2008 :  05:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for the answer.

My Question was, can i change the language of origin 8 as administrator and all user who will be logged on later on this computer get this language?

Holger
Go to Top of Page

coletta

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  11:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Currently, the language change applies only to the logged on user.
We will look into adding an option to allow the change to affect all users.
Go to Top of Page

coletta

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  3:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This issue has been given tracker number 12080.
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  3:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
"Apply to All Users" feature is available in Origin8 Service Release(SR)3. Its patch program is now downloadable from:
  http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=9&lm=333

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Mathias

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  5:41:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
hope I can reactivate this topic.
I would like to provide the users two icons on the windows desktop: "Origin 8 German" and "Origin 8 English". Is there a command line parameter for this purpose? If not: Where does Origin save the current language?

Mathias
Go to Top of Page

ML

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2009 :  10:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mathias

Hi,
hope I can reactivate this topic.
I would like to provide the users two icons on the windows desktop: "Origin 8 German" and "Origin 8 English". Is there a command line parameter for this purpose? If not: Where does Origin save the current language?

Mathias

Hi Mathias,

The language info which Origin reads at startup for the current user is in the REG_SZ entry "Language" inside the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OriginLab\ . The value of the entry ought to be the first letter of the desired language (i.e. E or G). If absent, a default (typically the user's default language) will be used.

Due to some technical reasons, it is not possible to pass such information to Origin through a command line.

Thanks.

ML

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000