The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Workbook autorename on opening Origin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

SMCA

22 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  03:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,
a short question regarding the autorenaming feature of Origin8 for workbooks containing a filepath: When Origin detects a filepath in the long name of a workbook (this occurs mostly for opening old origin projects for some reason), it asks if it should automatically strip the filepath from the long name. I once clicked the "ok, do it and don't bother me again" button on this dialog, and since then Origin does the automatic renaming. Unfortunately, Origin now strips the complete long name including the file name itself from the workbook long name, leaving an empty long name for the workbook. This is not practical for me, and so I would like to tell Origin not to touch the workbook names upon opening in the future. Is there a way to do this?
Thanks for any help,
Best,
Stefan

OriginPro 8SR3 B932

Echo_Chu

China
Posted - 09/19/2008 :  05:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Stefan

You can select Help:Reactivate Reminder Messages to bring back the reminder message.

Echo
Originlab Corp
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000