The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 what are the error parameters from fitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

lupucelrau

France
Posted - 09/20/2008 :  08:42:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi everybody

I have a very general question. I am using the Non-Linear Fitting Utility of Origin 7 to fit X-Y data sets. What is the exact meaning of the error parameters that are obtained as a result?

Thank you

Deanna

China
Posted - 09/22/2008 :  02:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi lupucelrau,

I am not sure what you mean by "the error parameters". Would you please explain? Do you mean the "standard error of the parameters"?

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

lupucelrau

France
Posted - 09/22/2008 :  08:17:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Deanna,

What I mean is the following:
I have a two columns worksheet, the first colimn being X and the second being Y. I make a graph and then use Analysis->Non-linear Curve fit->Advanced Fitting Tool. In the appearing window, after confirming data and choosing a function, I go to Action->Fit. There you have a list of parameters, their values, and then two columns: "Error" and "Dependency". What is the exact meaning of "Errors" and "Dependency"?

Thank you,
lupucelrau
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  09:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi lupucelrau,

See this help section:
http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin8/en/regression_and_curve_fitting/the_fit_results.html

the above is from Origin 8 help, but the basic definition of these quantities is the same in all versions.

As for dependency, then you can find more information in sections such as:
http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin8/en/regression_and_curve_fitting/model_diagnosis_using_dependency_values.htm

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000