The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 SR4 Patch for Origin 8 now available
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2008 :  2:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

The SR4 service release/patch for Origin 8 is now available.

To apply the patch, select Help->Check for Updates from the Origin menu.

Details on what has been added/fixed in SR4 is available here:
http://wiki.originlab.com/index.php?title=Release_Notes

Easwar
OriginLab

ashildfr

Norway
Posted - 10/27/2008 :  7:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
I am trying to do the SR4 upgrade, and as I understood from the instructions, I downloaded the appropriate SR2->SR4 file to my Origin8\updates folder, where also my SR2 resides. When running the SR4 file, it reports 'Software not found'. What folder name does it actually expect? The folder name I have (Origin8) was generated automatically by the installation software as far as I can remember, and the SR2 program runs without problems.
Of course, since I don't have an English version of Windows, the parent folder name is 'Programfiler\Originlab' and not 'Program Files\Originlab', but should that be a problem?
Do I really have to reinstall Origin in order to fix this (as the SR4 program suggests)? Can I rename the necessary folder and still have full functionality? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Deanna

China
Posted - 10/28/2008 :  02:43:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ashildfr,

I am sorry to hear that you have problem applying the patch.

However, I don't think it is an issue with the folder name. It could be caused by other reasons. We need more information to locate the problem. Please tell us, whether you have applied any patch sucessfully in the past? I meam, did you apply patch in SR1 to upgrade your Origin to SR2?

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

ashildfr

Norway
Posted - 10/28/2008 :  04:03:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi

[quote Please tell us, whether you have applied any patch sucessfully in the past? I meam, did you apply patch in SR1 to upgrade your Origin to SR2?
quote]

Yes, I have upgraded previously to the SR2, and when I rerun the SR2 program now it says that the software is already upgraded (which it should).
However, when I run the SR4 program from the same folder, it returns 'Software not found'.

Thanks for looking into this. - Ashild
Go to Top of Page

ashildfr

Norway
Posted - 10/28/2008 :  05:43:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
[quote
I meam, did you apply patch in SR1 to upgrade your Origin to SR2?

Deanna
[/quote]

According to my install log I installed Origin8 and then I installed SR2, which was probably out already by the time I bought the origin 8 version:
"5-7-2008 20:07:52 Install GF3S5-6489-7060938 version=773
05/25/2008 21:43:00 Applied SR2 Patch."

Hope this info is helping answer the problem.

Ashild
Go to Top of Page

Deanna

China
Posted - 10/28/2008 :  10:31:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ashildfr,

I think you got a false SR2 by mistake on May 25. We released SR2 on June 23. Before that, we ran a few inhouse testing by putting some inhouse patches on the internet. Maybe it was the reason.

I am afraid that you have to uninstall your Origin and reinstall Origin SR1 or SR0 (I believe you have a CD when you purchased Origin. Please install Origin with that CD.) After the installation, you can upgrade to SR2 (http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=9&lm=327) and then SR4 (http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=9&lm=333).

We are very very sorry for the inconvenience!

Deanna
Go to Top of Page

ashildfr

Norway
Posted - 10/28/2008 :  10:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, thanks for the advice. I could certainly not have guessed this one. Ashild.

quote:
Originally posted by Deanna

Hi Ashildfr,

I think you got a false SR2 by mistake on May 25. We released SR2 on June 23. Before that, we ran a few inhouse testing by putting some inhouse patches on the internet. Maybe it was the reason.

I am afraid that you have to uninstall your Origin and reinstall Origin SR1 or SR0 (I believe you have a CD when you purchased Origin. Please install Origin with that CD.) After the installation, you can upgrade to SR2 (http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=9&lm=327) and then SR4 (http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=9&lm=333).

We are very very sorry for the inconvenience!

Deanna

Go to Top of Page

Echo_Chu

China
Posted - 10/29/2008 :  03:36:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Ashildfr,

Or you can download SR4 demo from our website. Please use your SN to install the demo.

Echo
OriginLab Corp.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000