The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 changing numbers of wks in Layer Contents menu
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

phics

S. Korea
Posted - 11/12/2008 :  06:49:24 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Dear everyone,

I'm using 8.0SR4 in XP.

I want to know how to change or re-align the numbers of worksheets in a workbook.

When I make some worksheets in a workbook (for example Book1),
they are sheet1, sheet2, sheet3, ...
and their b-columns are named as book1_b, book1_b@2, book1_b@3, ...
in Layer Contents menu in a graph.

But, when I change the row of the worksheets with controling tap, like sheet1, sheet3, sheet 2...
their columns are same as book1_b, book1_b@2, book1_b@3, ....

I wonder if I can intensionally change the number "@ ## " in Layer Contetns menu,
or re-order the numbers, or refresh them

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  12:58:34 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

The "old" dataset names such as book1_b@2 are based on creation order. So these names are assigned at the time a new sheet is created/added, and the number cannot be changed later. So even if you move the sheets around in the GUI to change the display order of the sheets, these internal names still point to the cols in the creation order.

There is new range notation to address columns in multiple sheets.

The Plot Setup dialog can be used to better manage plotting from multiple sheets. In SR4 we have added a new button in the middle panel of the Plot Setup dialog to toggle between default and custom designation mode, so this can now behave very similar to layer contents - you can click the new button to display only plottable columns.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

phics

S. Korea
Posted - 11/12/2008 :  9:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Easwar,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Plot Setup is a little bit difficult and bothersome than Layer Contents, but it works well.
I think I can use this one instead.

Thank you!

Hoyoung

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000