The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Multiple Peak Fitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

feiliiao

2 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  01:28:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.8 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): SR4
Operating System: Windows XP

Hi,everyone.

I have used the PFM (Peak Fitting Module) in origin 7.5, which is changed to Peak Analyzer in origin 8.

In PFM, the process contains smoothing of the data, baseline, background subtraction (such as shirley for XPS data), and so on before defining the peak position, but in Peak Analyzer, it only has baseline for peak fitting, therefore, i can not do my process very well in origin 8.0, i think the PFM in origin 7 is better.

So my problem is whether i can use the PFM in 8.0, or there is other way to do the process similar to PFM in 8.0.

Best regards,
feiliiao

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  09:21:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Feiliiao,

We have added XPS baseline recently and this will be available in the next service release (SR5) which should be out around mid to late February. Apologies for the inconvenience on this.

As for smoothing, we decided not to put that into this tool, as that is available outside (Analysis menu, Signal Processing, Smooth...) So any preprocessing such as smoothing and filtering can be done on the data before you launch the Peak Analyzer.

In SR5 the Peak Analyzer will also support Recalculation, so if you smooth your data, then do peak analysis, and set both operations to update automatically, you will then be able to simple change input data and both operations will update to give final results - if automation for many datasets is of interest.

Easwar
OriginLab

[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

feiliiao

2 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  11:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear easwar,

Thank you for your answer.

In my case, i need to do the peak fitting several times before i can get satisfied results. So, i do all the preprocessing with the PFM.
May be you are right, i should do the preprocessing before using peak anlyzer.

I hope the peak anlyzer become more strong in the future for XPS data processing.

Thank you.

feiliiao
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000