The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem when generating fit function
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

chris_1877

Austria
Posted - 02/02/2009 :  08:34:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 7G.sr1 v7.0303
Operating System: Win XP pro

Hi all!

I have a problem with generating a fit function.
The function is the Carreau model for fitting rheological data and should look like the following:

y = P1 / (1 + (P2 * x)^P3)^((1-P4)/P3)

So if I put this in and check the equation, I get a compiling error from the script window.

If I delete the last part of the equation (...^((1-P4)/P3)), then the equation is compiled without problems.
Is origin not capable for fitting with that equation? (I really can not believe that). I also tried eliminated all the blanks, and it did not change anything.

Thank you for your help,
Chris

chris_1877

Austria
Posted - 02/02/2009 :  08:52:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi!

I found a solution for myself.
When "rewriting" the equation in the following form:

y = P1 *(1/(1 + (P2*x)^P3))^((1-P4)/P3)

This can be compiled - I just do not understand why it makes a difference to take out the P1 from the parentheses ...

Maybe someone can explain that to me - thanks
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Deanna

China
Posted - 02/02/2009 :  9:32:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I complied "y = P1 / (1 + (P2 * x)^P3)^((1-P4)/P3)" in my Origin 7 SR4. It suceeeded. Maybe this is a bug of early SR. You can try to patch your Origin 7 to the latest SR 4. This should fix a lot of problem.

You can visit this web page for service release information:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?s=9&lm=76

Deanna
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

chris_1877

Austria
Posted - 02/06/2009 :  06:06:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Deanna!

Thank you - I think I will update to the newer patch.

Chris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000