The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Merge Plots in a Multi-Curve Panel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Germany
Posted - 02/18/2009 :  08:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic

I) I want to paste already existing graphs in a 4-panel multi panel.
Is it possible to do it?

E.G.
I have graph 1, 2, 3,4 and
want to paste it like that in the multi curve:

1 - 2
3 - 4

II) Layouts. If I want to paste different graphs in the layout section, the size of the graphs ist always not exactly the same (because of the box you have to draw). In addition the margin control in the export setting does not work (the whole page is saved).
Is there a possibility to arrange two or more plots of the same size in one page?

emily_yu

China
37 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  02:04:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Lich

For your first question, you can merge the graphs and then drag & drop the graph to adjust the position of them. If your version is Origin8, you can use "Size/Position Tab" in "Layer Management" tool to realize this.

For more information, please refer to the webpage:

http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin8/en/graphing/layer_management.htm

http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin8/en/graphing/size_position_tab.htm

For your second question, you can right click each graph and select "Properties". In the "Dimensions" tab, please enter the same value in "Size" for each graph, then save the page.

http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin8/en/exporting_and_publishing/using_the_layout_page_window.htm

Best regards,
Emily
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

Cedric Tsui

1 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  4:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I'm doing roughly the same thing as... Lich? or 19102208...

anyways. I can get it to work fine in the way Emily described, and am able to use the layer management and the size position tab.

However. I'm very frustrated with the 'arrange' feature and the default settings. Let me describe.

I want to merge two multi-layer graphs such that they're in a single column. Figure 1 has layers 1 and 2. Figure 2 has 3 layers which end up being layers 3,4 and 5. Layer 2 is linked to layer 1, Layers 4 and 5 are linked to layer 3.

I hit merge, choose 1 column with 2 rows and bam! I end up with two graphs spaced out vertically exactly as I've asked. Except layers 1,3 and 5 are on the top, and layers 2 and 4 are on the bottom.

I have to swap layers in order to get it to look sensible. And if I want to adjust the spacing, I have to do so manually because if I just change the spacing in the layer management arrange tab then it re-orders the layers back to their default.

Is there an obvious grouping feature that I'm missing? Very frustrating...
Go to Top of Page

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  5:56:11 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The grouping feature that you refer to is "% of Linked Layer". In other words, linked in terms of dimensions. Let's check this for each of your graphs. Open Plot Details and make (layer 2 for graph1 and layers 2 and 3 for graph2) active in the left-hand navigation panel of the Plot Setup dialog. On the Size/Speed tab are the Units set to % of Linked Layer?

What happens when you open the Layer Management tool, does the graph preview show correctly?

Please feel free to send your project to tech@originlab.com and we can look at it.

Thank you.

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000