The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Weighting datasets in global fitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Wendy_Yang

USA
Posted - 02/18/2009 :  4:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 7
Operating System: XP

I have 4 datasets that I would like to perform "global fitting" on, i.e., curve fitting with multiple datasets, and share all but one parameters. The datasets contain different numbers of points (DSC curves with different scan rates). Can I set a weighting method so that the datasets with less points are equally "important" as those with more points?

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 02/19/2009 :  12:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Wendy,

Please open the Nonlinear Curve fitting dialog box by select Analysis: Non-linear Curve Fit: Advanced Fitting Tool from main menu.

1. Select Action:Dataset to open the Select Dataset dialog box . Check the Fit Multiple Datasets check box, then you can add multiple datasets and share the parameters in the Parameter Sharing list box.

2. Select Options:Control to open the Control Parameters dialog box. In this box, you can set the weight for special dataset.

You can press F1 button to open the according help pages when these dialog boxes are active.

Shirley

Originlab Technical Service Team

Edited by - Shirley_GZ on 02/19/2009 12:59:11 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000