The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with Peak-analyzer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Ovr

3 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  6:45:28 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin 8G SR4 with Windows Vista Business

Hi,
I have got a diagramm with three graphs and I'm trying to pick the peaks using the peak analyzer. Everytime I do so, the tool shows me the peaks but one of the graphs vanishs. It isn't just hidden but completely gone. In the Legend-box instead of the lost graph-line the Baseline is shown with the Description of the lost graph. Did I do sth. wrong?
THX
Hannes

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2009 :  11:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Hannes,

With 8SR4, the Peak Analyzer pops open a new preview graph titled PeakAnalyzerPreview. The original graph should still be there. The preview just picks up only the active data plot from the active layer of the original graph. And once the pick peaks task is done, the peak labels will get put onto the appropriate dataset in the original graph. This is not what you see? You get no preview graph but your original graph loses some layers/data plots?

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Ovr

3 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  11:55:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
thanks for the reply. In the preview I pick the Peaks (either manually or automatically). This works fine. But if I klick "Finish", origin again shows the layer with the plotted graphs and the peaks are marked on the graph I set active. But one of the graphs (always the last one on the layer) isn't visible.
If I set active the last graph and apply the pick peak task on it, the marked Peaks are visible but the graph is gone. The other graphs are still visible.
I temporarily helped myself adding a "dummy" graph.

Hannes

PS: I would show a picture but I get an error clicking the "upload" button at the "insert Picture" function.
Go to Top of Page

Ovr

3 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2009 :  12:24:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Hannes,

This should not be data dependent...you could try some sample file for example to check. I suggest you contact tech support, we may need you to send some files to check further. A new SR5 service release will be out in a few weeks and that has further improvements for Peak Analyzer and maybe with SR5 patch your problem could be resolved as well.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000