The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problems with corrupted file
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

s.ret

5 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  10:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Pro 8G SR 5 v 8.0987 (B987)
Operating System: XP prof., SP3

Hello,

I have a problem with an origin file. Whenever I try to save, origin crashes. It seems that the mistake is somehow connected to calculated date in the file. After opening the file, I receive the following message (repeated in several lines) in a script window:
Mathematik kann nicht auf Textspalten angewendet werden: GRAPH_SCROLLBAR_EVENTS(NEVENT, STRNAME$)
Mathematik kann nicht auf Textspalten angewendet werden: GRAPH_SCROLLBAR_EVENTS(NEVENT, STRNAME$, 0)

Does anybody have an idea what i can do to get this file back working? All colums seem to have text+numeric-format. Saving under a different name also produces crashes.
The file has about 77 MB.

Kind regards
Stefan

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  1:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
From the error message you are getting, I would suggest you delete all axis scrollbars from graphs in the project. You can do that with this script:
doc -e P {
label -r yScrollbar;
label -r yScrollThumb;
label -r xScrollbar;
label -r xScrollThumb;
}
If that does not help, then additionally try renaming the graph_controls.ogs file in your EXE folder to
XXXgraph_controls.ogs
and try saving again. (Remember to restore the right name after testing.)

If you are a pClamp user, you could also try shutting off the XF Panels. You can do this by right-clicking the window titlebar and selecting (a checked) Show X-Function Panel to hide it.

Without the file, we cannot be sure exactly what is happening. If you could upload to the Incoming folder of our ftp server
ftp://ftp.originlab.com
and send us an email when finished, we can have our programmers verify the cause.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000