The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 fit multiple peaks to a mixed gauss/lorent functio
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

javiers

Spain
6 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  07:07:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: origin pro 8 SR3

How do I fit multiple peaks using a mixed Gaussian/Lorentzian function?
It seems that origin only allow me to do this using a pure gaussian or lorentzian function....

help is appreciated..

Thanks in Advance

javier

alexunder

3 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  11:46:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Come on! Origin let's you define your own user-function of any kind!
Analysis->Non-linear curve fit->Advanced fitting tool->Function->New

read help for more info on that topic.

good luck!
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  8:18:24 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Javier,

You can fit with the Voigt function which is available as a built-in function in Origin, and this is basically a convolution of Gauss and Lorentz line shapes.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

javiers

Spain
6 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  03:18:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thanks for the responses.

I will give a try to the voigt function, otherwise I will define my own function, as alex. suggested.... but you know sometimes it is not necessary to re-invent the wheel......

thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000