The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 displaying Y = A + B * X results direct onto plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dean.pask

UK
Posted - 05/21/2009 :  07:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
O7.5 SR 2 (also O8 but not on this machine)

I have been off the tools for a bit, joys of management :-( so sorry for the basic question.

How can I plot the linear regression results directly onto a plot. I am pretty sure I have done this before!

Any heads up would make an old man happy.

Dean

emily_yu

China
37 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2009 :  06:06:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you want to do linear fit in Origin7.5, please do the following steps:

1. Import the data into a workbook.
2. Highlight the data, and select Plot: Line.
3. Activate the graph and select Tools: Linear Fit to open a dialog box.
4. Click Fit button, then you will get the fitted curve on the plot.

I hope this is what you want, if not, please tell us what results you really want.

Best regards,
Emily
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

dean.pask

UK
Posted - 05/27/2009 :  11:53:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

My mistake for not explaining correctly.

I was looking to display the fit results such as y = a + b * x directly onto the plot without having to manually add the text.

Is this possible?

Many thanks.

Dean
Go to Top of Page

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2009 :  11:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Dean,

In Origin 7.5, please select Analysis:Fit Polynomial. In the dialog that opens, set the Order to 1 and check the "Show Formula on Graph" checkbox.

Laurie

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

dean.pask

UK
Posted - 05/27/2009 :  1:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Laurie,

Many thanks, I knew it was there somewhere :-)

Not sure if your area, but is standard deviation quoted in the linear regression stat's 68% of the data i.e. 1sd?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000