The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 Can one pre-program NLSF dialog?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

muh

France
14 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  2:12:20 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
8.0 SR5

I am fitting my data with 12 complex lorentzian peak function. I like to use interactive fit dialog, it would be almost impossible to automate this task. However, I would like to be able to pre-program or change programmatically parameters of the dialog settings. No, themes are not sufficient. Besides, they do not work very well, and they do not cover all the settings, for example settings of the preview graph are not covered. They are not set by ReportFit template either, for example scale and layer size are reset by the dialog. Even more importantly - I see no way to keep existing parameters while changing number of replicas using themes (I've found a workaround). Anyway - is it possible to change the parameters of the fit dialog before or, even better, during session?

Another question - is it possible to use replicas with a fit function which takes to dependent variables (complex-valued functions do that)? It seem that the answer is "no", but I am not sure.

larry_lan

China
Posted - 07/27/2009 :  03:17:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi:

Maybe you can use the X-Functions to perform fitting? Please search the nlbegin, nlfit X-Functions in LabTalk guide.

For the last question, no, we don't support such functions.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

muh

France
14 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2009 :  12:12:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by larry_lan

Hi:

Maybe you can use the X-Functions to perform fitting? Please search the nlbegin, nlfit X-Functions in LabTalk guide.

I tried those. Is there any way to use them to enter interactive dialog?

If not - is there any way to define layer size/scale of the fit curve tab of the dialog?

quote:

For the last question, no, we don't support such functions.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services

Actually - you do. After another try, everything seem to work with f(x,y1,y2) function in SR5, but when replicas are used only one curve, for the first replica, is plotted regardless of setting in "plot all peaks", "plot summary curve" checkboxes.
Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 07/27/2009 :  11:04:56 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Yury:

We don't provide user customized preview scale in the theme now. Would you like to help us to improve this? Please contact me directly, and we can discuss the detail requirement.

Thanks
Larry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000