The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 Naming Conventions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kemeyer

39 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2009 :  10:21:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 7 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: XP

Hi,

I am having a lot of problems with my program. I am using a software called SynerJY that uses Origin C and Labtalk in it. When I collected information from a spectrometer, SynerJY/Origin created a graph of my data, a note to store experiment info in, and a worksheet with the data collected.

From what I could see, it named these with the name I had decided to use and then a number for an identifier. So for example, if I decided I wanted these runs to be MyRun, the files generated would be a graph-MyRun1, a note-MyRunn1, and a worksheet-MyRund1. It puts an n between the name I chose and the identifier for notes, and put a d in between for the data so that 3 files with the same name aren't made.

This was fine, I created a program that anticipated this nomenclature. However, I have found that two probelms occur:

When I use file names that contain enough characters so that the automatically generated filenames are greater than 9 characters, it truncates them-but only with the worksheet and note. The graph is named as anticipated.
(This I didn't feel was too much of a problem because the programs I developed look at the graph selected and the dataset plotted in it-so as long as the worksheet and note were truncated the same and had the same identifier number, it was okay)

The next thing is that I found when I got to runs of numbers over 10, the note page would not be named MyRunn10, but rather MyRundn0. A 'd' was added to it, and the numeric identifier was not 10 as is should be. The worksheet however was named as I had anticipated.

Lastly, when I went to 20 runs, something very strange happened. I would have to notes with the same name. I would have MyRundn0 (which should have been MyRunn10) and MyRundn0 (which was MyRunn20). From this point, whichever I click was renamed to MyRundn10.

Is this something within Origin or SynerJY, and is there any way that this can be altered? I think the program can support longer names because when I right click and rename it, it allows me to put a name without being limited to 9 chars.

Please help me, I am really growing frustrated with this. I have no way to anticipate what it will name my notes and worksheets in order to write an effective program. (To execute most of the buttons I made, I need to be able to know the three files that 'go together'-The graph, note, and worksheet generated from that run. When they are being nammed in unpredictable ways like this, I am not sure how I can do that.

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  9:55:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

If the Synergy application is creating incorrect/inconsistent window names, then you need to contact them and report the problem. We did not write the code for them, so they need to look into the problem.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

martinjp

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  09:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

As Easwar stated, we (HORIBA) added the SynerJY extensions to the Origin product. You can contact me directly at Jay.Martin@Horiba.com and I'll do my best to help with this issue.

Best regards,

Jay Martin
Software Engineering Mgr.
HORIBA Scientific
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000