The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 number of rows in a worksheet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

yulisunflower

USA
Posted - 10/02/2009 :  12:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin 7.5 SR6
Operating System: windows vista

Hi,

I have a question about how to get the number of rows of a worksheet. wks.GetNumRows seems to return a number no matter the last few rows is empty or not. What I really need is the number of rows that have value in it. It counts if that value is zero. I could not find a way of doing that. Can someone give a hand here? Thanks a lot.

Best
Yu

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  5:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The vectorbase class has a GetUpperBound method which can be accessed from the Dataset class as in:

// Worksheet column Data1_A must exist prior to execution
int ii;
Dataset dsA("Data1_A");
ii = dsA.GetUpperBound();

The returned index is zero-based.

Go to Top of Page

yulisunflower

USA
Posted - 10/28/2009 :  5:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Tried it. Works well. Thanks a lot.

Yu
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000