The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 GraphObject GROT_LINE link to graph.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dkudlay

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  4:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I have a modified contour chart gid 149. In it there are line objects on the main plot which are connected to a step line graph per line. I want to be able to generate such lines and attach them to the step line graph programaticaly. I already load my data and populate the main contour plot, but I can't find sample code or anywhere that talks about how to generate GROT_LINE objects. (The one example code on Connecting GraphObjects is grossly inadequate for my needs).

Thank you.

dkudlay

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2009 :  7:12:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I did more investigation, I found that these types have a x/y and dx/dy, A lot of tutorials use these to extract data from one graph and place it in another (aka zoom function). To be more accurate, I am looking for a way to programaticaly autolink this sort of functionality, if possible at all. Unless all these effects are done by actually creating another worksheet/matrix using the x/y coordinates of the object. Has anyone done anything like that?
Go to Top of Page

Iris_Bai

China
Posted - 11/17/2009 :  8:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

There are some GraphObject examples in GraphObject Examples

Iris
Go to Top of Page

fisher_zhang

China
Posted - 11/17/2009 :  10:28:34 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I don't really understand what you mean, do you mean you want to know the x/y coordinates of a contour line?
Go to Top of Page

dkudlay

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  2:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am trying to programatically recreate plot row 5 col 2 at
http://www.originlab.com/www/products/graphgallery.aspx?s=8&lm=215

As you can see in the graph, there are 2 cross line objects on the main plot that are reflected in 2 scatter/line graphs on the sides and top. When I save the template OTP, and then load my data and apply the template, I only have 1 worksheet of data, and that is reflected in the main contour graph, but none of the other plot features are applied, I want to know why not, and how I can generate and apply those lines since they are obviously not saved as part of the OTP.
Go to Top of Page

Iris_Bai

China
Posted - 11/19/2009 :  04:31:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I added a example shows how to add Line graph object to graph window, and how to set line color, width, attach mode, position and event script.

Iris
Go to Top of Page

starman2049

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2010 :  2:02:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I am doing similiar work and have successfully added a vertical line to a chart/layer.

I notice that I can drag the vertical line off the left or right edge of the chart. is there a preferred way of limiting movement of the line to the bounds of the chart?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000