The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Reference for fitting functions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

MalBru

Germany
Posted - 01/11/2010 :  02:55:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

is there any way you guys could tell me the reference of one of your fitting functions? I'm looking for the origin of your LangmuirEXT1 Fitting function, I've never seen that type...

Regards,
Malte

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

larry_lan

China
Posted - 01/11/2010 :  9:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Malte:

We made this function from:

Equation 4.3.10
Handbook of Nonlinear Regression Models
David A. Ratkowsky
Marcel Dekker, Inc. New York and Basel

And this function is original comes from:

Sibbesen, E. (1981).
Some New Equation to Describe Phosphate Sorption by Soils,
J. Soil Sci. 32, 67-74.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

kmulroy

1 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2010 :  4:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I was unable to find the article referenced above. From what I know about Langmuirs equation, a is the sorption maxima. Is b the slope and c the y-intercept? What equation LangmuirEXT1 and LangmuirEXT2 is better to understand sorption on soils?

Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

larry_lan

China
Posted - 04/25/2010 :  11:12:57 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi:

You can find Ref 1 from Amazon, and maybe you need to pay for Ref 2. Or, you can ask some university library nearby to see if they have pay for the Wiley InterScience database.

I am not quite sure about the physical meanings of this function because I am not major in this area. However, you can see LangmuirEXT2 is just the reparametrized formula of LangmuirEXT1 by dividing numerator and denominator by abX^(1-r).

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Larry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000