The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Units after axis label
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Enantio

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2010 :  10:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin 8 SR 6
WinXP

Hi

got the same problem like ellogi already posted in the forum and already tried the solution suggested by laurie but somehow I couldn't figure out how to get it working.

I edited the Origin.ini in the "Origin 8" and in the "Origin User Files" folder. Below the [Text]-line I inserted the following:

XTitle=%%(1X, @LA) [%(1X, @LU)]
YTitle=%%(1Y, @LA) [%(1Y, @LU)]
ZTitle=%%(1Z, @LA) [%(1Z, @LU)]

My goal is to get Origin to automatically labelling my axes with long- or shortname and followed by the unit in square brackets.
But they're still labelled with curved brackets and when I have a look at the properties the argument is still %(?X) in example for the x-axis.

Could anybody tell me where I made a mistake?

larry_lan

China
Posted - 05/14/2010 :  02:40:29 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's quite weird. It should work if you change the Origin.ini in User File Folder and restart Origin. Could you please send us the Origin8.ini in your User File Folder and an OPJ with parenthesis Unit? Then we can look into if there are any settings in worksheet or graph window.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page

MatteoDK

Denmark
1 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2013 :  05:57:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Origin 8.5.1
Win 7

Hi,

I do have the same problem. Even if I change the origin.ini file in the Origin User Files folder, I still get the curved brackets.

How can I solve this?

Thanks,

BR
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2013 :  09:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
When Units are automatically added to Long/Short Name in labels, the default is to use [ ] in systems where Windows Regional settings is German (possibly Danish as well?). All other cases use ( ).

This can be controlled by a System Variable: @LUQ
according to the following:
-1 = auto (2 for German, 1 for else)
1 = Long Name(unit)
2 = Long Name[unit]
3 = Long Name{Unit}
4 = Long Name / Unit
5 = Long Name - Unit

If you had 8.6 or newer you could use Tools : System Variables and add
Variable Value Comment
LUQ 2 1=(), 2=[], 3={}, 4=/, 5=-
but for earlier versions, you should add this line to the ORGSYS.CNF - a text file found in your EXE folder - and saved to your User Files Folder:

@LUQ=2; // 1=(), 2=[], 3={}, 4=/, 5=-
Go to Top of Page

Cathy_BT

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2013 :  10:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Origin 8
Win7

Hi,

I used this variable: @LUQ=2; // 1=(), 2=[], 3={}, 4=/, 5=-

When I put 2 or 1 it works fine, but when I put 4 to get the format "Long Name / Unit " than I get also the round brakets.
Can somebody help me to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Cathy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000