The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fitting the curve!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Imagoist

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2010 :  06:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

Hello,

I need some help in fitting curves. My Problem is that I got some results from an experiment with Escherichia Coli bacterias and now I need to optimize the curve to physiological growth-curve. This means exactly fitting the curve, so that I get an stringent growth without sink at some points.

It should look like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/f/fe/20070217215648!Diauxie_Lactose.jpg

My beta-Curve looks like this at the moment:
http://img405.imageshack.us/i/proje33kt1.jpg/

You see, I got some minimas that I want to fit so I get the ideal curve from the upper picture!

Can someone suggest me how to optimize this curve?

AmandaLu

439 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  02:09:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The beta-curve image cannot be seen so I cannot figure out what problems you have encountered while fitting.

Moreover, could you please explain in details the steps following which you fitted your data? For example, did you use a user-defined function to fit your data? If yes, did you initialize the parameters in your user-defined function?

If you wish, you can also send your data to us. Please refer to this forum post in your email.

Edited by - AmandaLu on 05/17/2010 02:13:17 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000