The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to modify the data shown with Data Reader ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

la-vouivre

2 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  12:15:21 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I'm a new user of Origin 7.5 and I mainly use the software to plot huge amounts of points in 2D (roughly 10^6 points).
The worksheet consists in 3 columns with X, Y and label.
I don't want to display labels for each point in the 2D plot, because, in that case, the plot becomes unreadable.

To get X and Y values, I generaly use the Data Reader tool, which is very convenient in order to select details on selected points.

Nevertheless, I would appreciate if could in addition see the label associated to the point. This way, it would be easier to read directly labels on the plot.

Do you know if it's possible to modifiy what is diplayed by the Data Reader Tool, or do you know how I can proceed to do something like that ?

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

----------------
Origin Ver. 7.5
Operating System: Windows XP

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2010 :  12:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

The 8.0/8.1 versions have a separate Data Info window where "other columns" from the data worksheet can be shown, so with your X, Y, Label data you can see the label information in that window as you move the data reader from point to point.

You can download the latest 8.1 demo from our website and try this.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

la-vouivre

2 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  04:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your fast answer.

It sounds good for version 8.0.
But to tell the truth, I don't plan to change my version for the moment.

Is there another possibility to do that with my current version ? By using LabTalk or Origin C script ? Or something easier ?

Thank you in advance.
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2010 :  10:34:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can programmatically access/control the data/screen reader, look at LabTalk help file for this. And as for displaying custom text in the data display tool, there is OC function SetDataDisplayText() so you could add an OC function that uses this function and then call your OC function from script.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000