The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Initialization of fixed parameters of fitting.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Alex-qwerty

Russia
Posted - 06/15/2010 :  08:01:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver 8.0 SR6 WinXPSP3
Initialization part of my fitting function cannot change parameters that are marked as "Fixed".
Some parameters of my function depends on vector of X, but they should not be varing due to fitting procedure.
I described calculations of such parameters in "Parameters initialization" and check them "Fixed" in "Parameters settings".
These parameters are not initialized! Why?
I thought that "Fixed" means "Not varing due to fitting procedure".
But it also blocks the initialization procedure.
Is it bug or featurte of Origin?

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2010 :  09:26:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Alexey,

Yes, we can reproduce, if parameter is set as fixed initialization code does not assign the value. We will look into fixing this.

For now the workaround is to keep the parameter not fixed, and then after initialization you can fix it and continue with iterations.

You could also fit using LabTalk script for more flexibility.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000