The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Change default setting for adding a layer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

tage

Denmark
4 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2010 :  02:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin 8.1 SR3

I have created a custom template for plotting scatter plots (Scatter.otp) with custom settings for line thickness, font, tick length etc. and in the "Plot details" dialog I have made it scale elements with a "Fixed factor" of 1 on the "Display" tab. It works fine.

Now, I want to add a new Y-axis on the right hand side linked to the same X-axis. I do that by selecting "Graph" - "New layer" - "Right-Y". I then get an axis with default line thickness, font, tick length etc. and the "Scale elements" is set to "Scale with layer frame".

Is there any way to change these properties of new layers so they fit my custom ones?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions,
Tage

Shirley_GZ

China
Posted - 06/18/2010 :  06:00:11 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Tage,

Please try to copy format and paste it to the new layer. Or you can save the format as theme, then apply it to the new layer.

See details here,
http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/Category/Graph_Formats_and_Themes.html

http://www.originlab.com/www/helponline/Origin/en/mergedProjects/QuickHelp/QuickHelp/Is_there_an_easy_way_to_copy_graph_properties_from_one_graph_to_another.html

But the Scale elements will not be included in the format, you need to set it again for the new layer.

Thanks,
Shirley
OriginLab Technical Service Team

Originlab Technical Service Team
Go to Top of Page

tage

Denmark
4 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2010 :  09:18:25 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks for your help. It works.

But it would be nice if I could change the default setting of the "Scale elements". In all my plots I set it manually to 1. Can it maybe be changed in one of the ini-files?

Best,
Tage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000