The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 normalizing a column of data to a cell value
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

carat64

USA
Posted - 07/08/2010 :  12:33:40 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.1
Operating System:windows xp

Hi,

I'm working with a demo of Origin 8.1 and I have a question about how to set up a column calculation. I'm trying to convert some calculations from Excel to Origin, to take advantage of the analysis template feature. One part of the analysis is to normalize a column of data to the first cell in that column and place the new data in a new column. In excel the formula is like this:

B1=A1-$A$1
B2=A2-$A$1
B3=A3-$A$1...

I tried to indicate in the Set Column values box that the new column is equal to col(A) - col(A,1), however, the output is only for the first cell in the new column. Hopefully I'm missing something simple...

thanks for your time and help,
Cara

VincentLiu

China
Posted - 07/08/2010 :  02:44:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You should use Col(index)[rowNum], or Col(name)[rowNum] to get numerical value from a cell. So, in your case, you could use

col(A)-col(A)[1]

to get the values for a column.

Vincent
OriginLab Technical Services

Edited by - VincentLiu on 07/08/2010 02:46:50 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000