The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 A few questions about "Adj. R-Square"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

erickzhou

17 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  04:17:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver 8. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: WinXP

My data is 512*512 size, it is composed by a low frequency background trend and radom noise.

I use "nonlinear surcafe fit" in Origin 8.0 to extract the low frequency background trend. The fitting processe was successful(100), and the "Adj. R-Square" is 0.92173.

Now I have two questions.
First, since the fitting result for background is good, can I say that magnitude of the image grayscale change associated with background trend was substantially greater than the magnitude of the noise?

Second, if the fitting processe was successful(100), is the Adj. R-Square enough and commonly used for statistical description for goodness of fit?

larry_lan

China
Posted - 09/13/2010 :  10:26:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi:

For Q1, maybe you can compare two fits?

For Q2, it's really hard to say. Any decision should be base on your research. And there are some values/graphs you can look into.

Thanks
Larry
Go to Top of Page

erickzhou

17 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2010 :  9:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your reply.

I have another question. I found in many published papers, "RSS" was often used as the definition of fitting error measures, but to best of my knowledge, I have not found anyone who used "Adj. R-Square" as the definition of fitting error measures. Is the definition of "as the definition of fitting error measures" given out only by Origin software? If it is not, can you give me some reference about those who choose "Adj. R-Square" as the definition of fitting error measures.

Thank you very much!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000