The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Problem with x columns
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Kostas T

Greece
1 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  03:29:30 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8
Operating System:win xp

Hi there

I want to create a graph with many x columns for one y column in a work****. I can create a graph with many y columns and one x column but I can't do the reverse. For example I Put in the first column some values and set them as y and then enter other columns beside the y column with different values and set them as x1, x2, x3 and so on. When I press the plot button it apears a message that says "your column selection must include associated plot designations.See help for more information".What can I do? Please help

thank you in regards

DataConv

Germany
60 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  08:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Kostas T,

make your first plot the way you did up to now. Now add a new layer in this graph and link it 1:1 for the y-axis. Now you can manipulate the second (and subsequent) x-axis the way you like...
Go to Top of Page

Silvia Hilt

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2016 :  11:14:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello, I am new to this forum, I have the latest Origin pro Student version (2016). I have the same problem when trying to have one Y and multiple Xs. What is weirder, the graphs look OK if I plot designate what should be Y axis values with X and the multiple Xs as Ys. However, if I try to label these, the label for the Y axis (aka what is now plot designed as X) appears as label of the Y on the graph, which I want, but also as one of the labels in the legend for the Xs in the legend box. Additionally, I cannot copy and paste columns from one work sheet into another, like the old version (Origin 7 or so) will allow it. This is highly inconvenient, and really for the amount of money we pay, not worth it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000