The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Simple 3D Surface Graph Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Maxxpower3

6 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2010 :  7:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello,

I have what I think should be an easy question, however I have not made ANY progress in the origin help section etc....any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!

I have 20 xy plots that were taken at various times. I want to make a 3D graph (surface would be ideal, however I will settle for anything at this point) which has the xy data and uses the z axis as the times...

can anyone at least point me in the right direction?

larry_lan

China
Posted - 09/16/2010 :  05:22:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Maybe you can try this tutorial? You may need to organize you data into XYZ column form, and then convert into a matrix to plot.

Thanks
Larry
Go to Top of Page

Maxxpower3

6 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  11:32:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thanks for the reply....
as I said I spent hours trying to figure out those tutorials and did not get anywhere *Sigh*
Go to Top of Page

DataConv

Germany
60 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  01:52:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
to extend larry_lans proposal:
You merge all your data in one sheet by adding an additional column. In this column (assigned as Z) you write a sequential increasing value according to the sheet you merge, eg. 1 for the first sheet/dataset, 2 for the second and so on. Best method for doing this is LT scripting...
When you have this merged sheet you can plot your data without (big) hassle...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000