The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Data selection on coutour maps
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jenskruse

Albania
Posted - 09/21/2010 :  02:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.8 and Service Release sr4
Operating System:WinXP

Hi everyone,
I have several XYZ contour maps all with the same XY grid. I would like to cut out individual areas from the counter maps but the area should be the same among the different counter maps. Is it possible to select an area with the zoom tool and then cut out the visible data from the whole data set? I have tried the mask tool but it seems not to work on contour maps.

second:
Is it possible to overlay different colored contour maps and get a different color gradings in consequence of overlapping colors?

Thanks a lot,

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  5:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Regarding your second question, the upcoming 8.5 version will support color transparency so with two plots in a layer, transparency can be set to see thru to the other data.
See what is new in 8.5 here:
http://originlab.com/index.aspx?&pid=1703

Regarding first question, I think this will need some custom code to get the data from the raw dataset. Is the area of interest a rectangle or some arbitrary shape?

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

jenskruse

Albania
Posted - 09/23/2010 :  03:59:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi easwar,

thanks for your answer. The area of interest should have a rectangle shape.

thanks.
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2010 :  12:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

This could be scripted using LabTalk. You could write script to get the coordinates of say a rectangle placed on the contour, and then go to the source/raw data and extract all raw XYZ points that fall inside that rectangle?

You could look at our scripting guide to begin with:
http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/wiki/index.php?title=Category:LabTalk_Programming

Note that starting with 8.1, the XYZ contour plot also supports custom boundary so you can simply turn off plotting outside of a custom boundary, and thus effectively display only the contour inside your desired rectangle, that may work in your case?

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000