The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Column calculations
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

DataConv

Germany
60 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2010 :  01:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.1 SR3
Operating System: XP Pro

Hello especially to the people of the origin crew...bug or feature?
When doing column calculations, i know 4 ways to 'access' it:
Selecting a column (header) / marking the complete column and then
1. From the menu/column/column calculation.
2. <Ctrl>Q.
3. Mouse right click and selecting column calculation.
4. If a formula already exists, in the upper right corner on the symbol left click and selecting 'change parameter'.

For cases 1 to 3 the result is always the same (and oK so far):

However, for case 4 there is a small difference:

Is there a specific reason why movement to other columns is deactivated for case 4 while it is not for cases 1 to 3? Personally, I work most of the time with case 2 (i'm an old school PC user, used to key combinations). However, it is sometimes annoying to close the window only because using the 'wrong' access way...
BTW: There is no need to discuss about the formula given - it's just an example...

larry_lan

China
Posted - 10/14/2010 :  03:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It's by design.

When you change parameter (recalculate), Origin will work on the source dataset only.

Please use the other ways to open this dialog if you want to active the go left/right buttons.

Thanks
Larry
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000