The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 user file folder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Stefan Bollmann

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2010 :  09:21:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi @all,

I'd like to change my user files folder, but

a) the menu-item tools-> change user files folder does't exist in my version. (Got this from http://www.originlab.de/www/helponline/Origin/de/UserGuide/The_User_Files_Folder.html)
b) I cannot find the registry entries that are mentioned in the Origin help under 'The "User Files" Folder'.

Thanks in advance,
Stefan Bollmann

Origin Ver. and Service Release: Pro 8G.063.988 SR6
Operating System: Windows XP

VincentLiu

China
Posted - 10/20/2010 :  10:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That menu option is only available since Origin 8.1, and the online help document is for the latest version of Origin 8.5. So you couldn't find the menu option in Origin 8. There is an easy way to change your User Files Folder and do not need to delete the current one. The following is the steps.

1. Close Origin 8.
2. Find current User Files Folder and rename it to another name.
3. Start Origin and then it will bring up a dialog to ask you to reset the User Files Folder.

Vincent
OriginLab Technial Services
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000